April 18, 2022 by nigelgentry
On the 29th April, ATA Records will be launching Second Hand Soul. A collection of singles that were only available on the long discontinued bandcamp series No Work, No Pay.
Second Hand Soul features 7 of these tracks, all covers of classic soul tunes. The compilation contains 2 tracks from ATA’s vocal powerhouse, Rachel Modest. She covers I Who Have Nothing, originally recorded by Ben E King and the Northern Soul stomper Never Did I Stop Loving You by Alice Clark.
The Yorkshire Film & Television Orchestra take on Georgie Fame’s Somebody Stole My Thunder and Maggie Somer does The Name Game by Shirley Ellis. There’s also a version of Saturday’s Child originally by Ram John Holder. The BB King number So Excited gets the Sam Thornton treatment and finally Akin Amusan takes on the gritty soul of You’re No Good by Dee Dee Warwick.
As a taster before the full album is launched, ATA Records have released Never Did I Stop Loving You on all digital platforms.
Full track listing below:
- Rachel Modest – I Who Have Nothing
- Rachel Modest – Never Did I Stop Loving You
- The Yorkshire TV & Film Orchestra – Somebody Stole My Thunder
- Jermaine Peterson – Saturdays Child
- Maggie Somer – The Name Game
- Sam Thornton – So Excited
- Akin Amusan – You’re No Good